- Asphalt is the sustainable material for building pavements.
- It’s smooth so vehicles consume less fuel and produce lower emissions.
- it’s quiet so expensive noise walls don’t need to be constructed.
- It’s safe, providing excellent gripping power.
- It’s durable so that the road never needs to be removed and replaced.
- It is also the most recycled material in the US.
What is asphalt made of?
Asphalt is made of stones, sand and gravel held together by asphalt cement. It’s just that simple.
Asphalt pavement gives the best return on investment of any paving material.